22.12.10

Maureen Is a Champ !

I've had some people request me the lyrics, so here they are !! :) Enjoy !




Maureen Is A Champ (c)1968


performed by Frank Sinatra

There’s no one like her,

But no one at all.

And as for charm

Hers is like, wall to wall.

She married Ringo

And she could have had Paul.

That’s why the lady is a champ.



Creates excitement

Whenever it’s dull.

She just appears

And there goes the lull.

She merely smiles

And you’re out of your skull.

That’s why the lady is a champ.



The folks who do

And don’t meditate

Agree she’s great.

They mean Maureen.

I’ve got more lyrics

Right after this band.

Because the lady is a champ.



Though we’ve not met

I’m convinced she’s a gem.

I’m just F.S.

But to me she’s big M.

Mainly because

She prefers me to them.

That’s why the lady is a champ.



I have lots of fans

Well at least one or two.

But Peter Brown calls me

To tell me it’s true.

She sleeps with Ringo

But she thinks of you.

That’s why the lady is a champ.



But I can boast, boast

As much, as much as I please.

The fact is that’s

She’s his wife

Well that’s life.

But it’s her day

So I whistle and stamp,

Because the lady,

The charming lady,

Mr. Ringo’s lady is a champ.



May I toast you all the way

Lift my glass and softly say

I have thoughts for you this day.

But beautiful thoughts for you

And for your Ringo

That I must express,

With the warm and deep affection

Of F.S.



Would you kindly ask the guys

If they’d grab a glass and rise

‘Cause I think we’d harmonize.

But beautiful

May your birthday

And your birthday candles

Softly gleam and glow.

For that would be

But beautiful I know.

No comments: