22.8.09

Lilian Powell


I didn't even know some pictures of John & Lilian Powell (his mother-in-law) together existed...She's the lady next to Cyn in the back. Here they are with friends like Pete Shotton (John's bandmate in the Quarrymen) and his wife. It is said that John really disliked his mother-in-law. He disliked her so much that he gave her big amounts of money (100$ per day, I've heard) so that she could shop for antiques and leave them alone. In Cynthia's book though, Cynthia doesn't say that John disliked her mum, only that John seemed to like Lilian's taste in antiques...

2 comments:

rocksblogg said...

hey
the first time I saw these pics were in the book "in my life" by Johns best friend Pete Shotton
its the best book i've ever read about John!!
xx

Joelma said...

I saw once a picture of John and Lilian Powell